Posts tagged tcp
PingPort is a command-line utility that will let you ping a TCP port and see what is the latency between you and the pinged server.
- Ping any TCP port
- Can be called using protocol port name instead of port number (such as https,dns,rpc … full list in Sources/Protocol.ini)
- Can beep if status is changing from online to offline and vice versa
- Displays how much time the equipment has been offline
- Sub-millisecond latency display
- NEW in 1.1 : Execute specific scripts (exe, ps1, or bat) when going up or down
- Two versions : Setup installer and Portable
PeekMon is a free tool for monitoring servers.
It’s very versatile and can be used on any type of server (Unix/Linux, Windows …).
It actually connects to your server by opening a TCP socket on a defined port and will display the latency.
- Monitors any TCP port on any server
- Shows a status icon in the system tray
- Text can be customized using macros (Latency, hostname …)
- Beeping if a server become offline (option)
- Option to start with Windows
- Connectivity detection (no alert if you only lose internet connection)
- Advanced monitoring with Linfo