Free softwares for VMware.
vSphere Configuration Backup is an automating tool for saving configurations of multiple ESXi and SQL databases.
- Automatically backup multiple ESXi v4 & v5 configurations
- Backup of any local SQL DatabasesNEW
- Manages basic retentions and deletes expired backup (ESXi backup only)
- Creates a single archive per backup containing one file per ESXi
- Add a file containing exact build numbers of each ESXi in backup archive
- Compress backups to save space (ESXi backup only)
- Portable software
- Encrypt passwords
- Easy to configure with the “Configuration Manager.exe”
AutoConf iSCSI creates the iSCSI configuration following best practices for ESXi 4.X and 5.X.
It currently works for HP MSA P2000, Dell Equallogic and HP Lefthand (P4000).
WHAT IT DOES
- Automatically discovers vmnics, vmhba, vswitches and vmkernel
- Creates a vSwitch
- Sets up vmkernel ports with IP (and jumbo frames if set)
- (MSA mode only) alternates IP on each subnet
- Links only one vmnic to each vmkernel ports
- Links each vmkernel port to software iSCSI vmhba
- Enables software iSCSI
- Changes PSP to Round Robin only for your storage array paths