vSphere Configuration Backup is an automating tool for saving configurations of multiple ESXi and SQL databases.
- Automatically backup multiple vCenter Server Appliance configuration (6.5 minimum)NEW
- Automatically backup multiple ESXi 4.x/5.x/6.x configurations (tested on vSphere 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 6, 6.5)
- Backup of any local Microsoft SQL Databases
- Manages basic retentions and deletes expired backup (ESXi backup only)
- Creates a single archive per backup containing one file per ESXi
- Add a file containing exact build numbers of each ESXi in backup archive
- Compress backups to save space (ESXi backup only)
- Portable software
- All passwords are encrypted
- Easy to configure with the “Configuration Manager.exe”
PingPort is a command-line utility that will let you ping a TCP port and see what is the latency between you and the pinged server.
- Ping any TCP port
- Can be called using protocol port name instead of port number (such as https,dns,rpc … full list in Sources/Protocol.ini)
- Can beep if status is changing from online to offline and vice versa
- Displays how much time the equipment has been offline
- Sub-millisecond latency display
- Execute specific scripts (exe, ps1, or bat) when going up or down
- Two versions : Setup installer (coming back soon) and Portable
AutoConf iSCSI creates the iSCSI configuration following best practices for ESXi 4, 5 and 6 (new in version 2.1)
It currently works for HPE 3PAR StoreServ, HPE MSA P2000, HPE StoreVirtual and Dell Equallogic
WHAT IT DOES
- Automatically discovers vmnics, vmhba, vswitches and vmkernel
- Creates a vSwitch
- Sets up vmkernel ports with IP (and jumbo frames if set)
- (MSA mode only) alternates IP on each subnet
- Links only one vmnic to each vmkernel ports
- Bind each vmkernel port to software iSCSI vmhba
- Enables software iSCSI
- Changes PSP to Round Robin only for your storage array paths
Xfer Calculator is a bandwidth/transfer time/transfer size calculator.
It is very useful when you need to :
- calculate how much time it takes to transfer a certain amount of data with a certain bandwidth
- calculate how much data you can transfer with a certain bandwidth in a certain time window
- calculate how much bandwith you have if you have transfered a certain amount of data in a certain amout of time
PeekMon is a free tool for monitoring servers.
It’s very versatile and can be used on any type of server (Unix/Linux, Windows …).
It actually connects to your server by opening a TCP socket on a defined port and will display the latency.
- Monitors any TCP port on any server
- Shows a status icon in the system tray
- Text can be customized using macros (Latency, hostname …)
- Beeping if a server become offline (option)
- Option to start with Windows
- Connectivity detection (no alert if you only lose internet connection)
- Advanced monitoring with Linfo