PingPort is a command-line utility that will let you ping a TCP port and see what is the latency between you and the pinged server.
- Ping any TCP port
- Can be called using protocol port name instead of port number (such as https,dns,rpc … full list in Sources/Protocol.ini)
- Can beep if status is changing from online to offline and vice versa
- Displays how much time the equipment has been offline
- Sub-millisecond latency display
- Customizable timeout
- Two versions : Setup installer and Portable
vSphere Configuration Backup is an automating tool for saving configurations of multiple ESXi and SQL databases.
- Automatically backup multiple ESXi v4 & v5 configurations
- Backup of any local SQL DatabasesNEW
- Manages basic retentions and deletes expired backup (ESXi backup only)
- Creates a single archive per backup containing one file per ESXi
- Add a file containing exact build numbers of each ESXi in backup archive
- Compress backups to save space (ESXi backup only)
- Portable software
- Encrypt passwords
- Easy to configure with the “Configuration Manager.exe”
AutoConf iSCSI creates the iSCSI configuration following best practices for ESXi 4.X and 5.X.
It currently works for HP MSA P2000, Dell Equallogic and HP Lefthand (P4000).
WHAT IT DOES
- Automatically discovers vmnics, vmhba, vswitches and vmkernel
- Creates a vSwitch
- Sets up vmkernel ports with IP (and jumbo frames if set)
- (MSA mode only) alternates IP on each subnet
- Links only one vmnic to each vmkernel ports
- Links each vmkernel port to software iSCSI vmhba
- Enables software iSCSI
- Changes PSP to Round Robin only for your storage array paths
Xfer Calculator is a bandwidth/transfer time/transfer size calculator.
It is very useful when you need to :
- calculate how much time it takes to transfer a certain amount of data with a certain bandwidth
- calculate how much data you can transfer with a certain bandwidth in a certain time window
- calculate how much bandwith you have if you have transfered a certain amount of data in a certain amout of time
PeekMon is a free tool for monitoring servers.
It’s very versatile and can be used on any type of server (Unix/Linux, Windows …).
It actually connects to your server by opening a TCP socket on a defined port and will display the latency.
- Monitors any TCP port on any server
- Shows a status icon in the system tray
- Text can be customized using macros (Latency, hostname …)
- Beeping if a server become offline (option)
- Option to start with Windows
- Connectivity detection (no alert if you only lose internet connection)
- Advanced monitoring with Linfo